Since the beginning of the project in June 2017, the consortium has worked effectively to meet its set targets. The partners have achieved significant milestones. Although there was some disruptions caused by COVID-19, the project work plan goes as planned with minor delays.
Nevertheless, some important tasks still need to be finalized and completed during the last months of the project:
- Finalizing the validation tests on the last four Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) cylinders.
- Collecting all reference data of the validation tests and preparing the report to complete the Quality Manual for the Industrial Production of the CNG Cylinders.
- Preparing WP7 Costs Benefits Analysis with the final results.
- Continuing the activities within WP9 Exploitation and Dissemination activities, as well as identifying new scenarios for East Mediterranean and North Europe routes.
- Organizing the final conference and preparing the report to the European funding Authority.
In addition, on 27 May 2021, the consortium has successfully marked the 𝗩𝗜𝗜 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴. All partners gathered online to discuss the technological, financial, economic and market progress of the project technologies.
Moreover, the European Commission has approved the amendment of the Grant Agreement for GASVESSEL project starting as of 22 April 2021. Thus, the project lifespan has been extended. The total project duration has been modified from June 2017 to January 2022, giving 8 additional months to the consortium to finalize the ongoing projects and tasks. Thus, successfully closed the GASVESSEL project.